On October 31st, 2001 BridgeNet Solutions (fka Midwest Logistics) was incorporated in Chicago, Illinois. The firm's mission was to save local shippers from being incorrectly charged on their small package invoices.
Over a decade later, BridgeNet Solutions offers a full suite of services that provide auditing, consulting, visibility, compliance, and control throughout all modes of a client's entire global logistics network.
These enhancements did not happen overnight or without overcoming numerous challenges. BridgeNet has had to stay at the forefront of trends within the industry.
The last ten plus years have seen BridgeNet move from serving a local client base to a global one, which has required them to make substantial internal changes to serve the expanding clientele.
Advances in technology, on all ends of the spectrum have allowed BridgeNet to shift away from manual analysis in favor of automation. BridgeNet uses detailed electronic invoices instead of paper and have changed the data model from an isolated vertical one to an integrated horizontal model, both of which in combination with the ingenuity and growth of our team have allowed us to expand from parcel to all modes of transportation; LTL, FTL, Air, Ocean, and Intermodal on a global scale.
While these developments are noteworthy in their own right, they're made more so in light of the seemingly countless major obstacles that were the downfall of so many small businesses throughout the first decade of the twenty-first century. The global economic downturn ensured that everyone would be cutting back, carriers and shippers alike, and although BridgeNet's model is one that saves shippers money, crowding in the 3PL market has increased competition.
Throughout the latter part of the past decade carriers have been inventing new ways to deter shippers from working with 3PL's. However, because margins were lowered on freight costs alone, carriers have also been implementing new accessorials to create additional revenue streams. This is ironic because due to the large number of changes and additions on the end of the carrier, the complexity of invoicing and agreements becomes almost impossible for large shippers to manage without some input from a third party logistics company. Understanding both of these changes and striving to stay one step ahead of roadblocks has allowed BridgeNet to stay successful where others have not.
BridgeNet has never accepted financing from an outside company, which has allowed them to stay true to their business model and continue to advance within their means.
BridgeNet provides consulting solutions based on the ability to analyze companies shipping data. The database and analytical software used are proprietary to BridgeNet. Using this software BridgeNet is able to develop a total logistics model that is customized according to the needs of each specific company. BridgeNet's core competency is driving efficiency and compliance while reducing cost on shipper's transportation expenses.
The Bridgenet advantage
- A global supply chain data analytics company
- Incorporated in 2001
- Headquartered in Chicago with 40 employees
- All modes of transportation; LTL, FTL, Parcel, Ocean Freight, Air Freight and Intermodal
- Carrier neutral and are compatible with all global carriers
- Extensive list of customers in the Fortune 500 and Global 2000 across all industries
- 150 current clients, the majority of whom are made up of multiple segmented business groups
- Process Transparency
- Gain share model on actuals, not estimates
- Flexibility and expansive reach
BridgeNet's a la carte suite of services includes
- Market Intelligence Analysis
- Benchmarking rates
- Managing carrier RFP's
- Auditing of carrier invoices
- Monitoring compliance both on the company level and vendor level
- Consulting Projects
- Spot Quote and Rate Quote web-based tools
- Forming logistics councils across Decentralized global entities in forms of; Holding Companies, Private Equity Companies and Multi-Division Corporations
how do companies engage with bridgenet?
Free Carrier Data Analysis
- BridgeNet's analysts perform test analysis on your carrier data to uncover savings opportunities
- Gone is the guesswork of contract analysis, rate negotiation and carrier strategy
- After presenting the test results, various scenarios are offered that best fit your supply chain's needs
- A customized plan is developed and a Project Manager supervises each step of the timeline
- On average, clients achieve 10-40% reductions in their annual transportation spend
- Monthly reports provided with detailed, verifiable savings
- A variety of fee structures are available
To inquire about our free, no-obligation logistics expense analysis, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.